Paintpaint (pānt),USA pronunciation n.
- a substance composed of solid coloring matter suspended in a liquid medium and applied as a protective or decorative coating to various surfaces, or to canvas or other materials in producing a work of art.
- an application of this.
- the dried surface pigment: Don't scuff the paint.
- the solid coloring matter alone;
- facial cosmetics, esp. lipstick, rouge, etc., designed to heighten natural color.
- [Chiefly Western U.S.]a pied, calico, or spotted horse or pony;
- to coat, cover, or decorate (something) with paint: to paint a fence.
- to produce (a picture, design, etc.) in paint: to paint a portrait.
- to represent in paint, as in oils, tempera, or watercolor: to paint an actress as the Muse of tragedy.
- to depict as if by painting;
describe vividly in words: The ads painted the resort as a winter wonderland.
- to color by or as if by painting: Sunset painted the clouds pink.
- to apply a substance to, as a liquid medicine or a cosmetic: to paint a cut with iodine.
- to coat or cover anything with paint.
- to engage in painting as an art: She has begun to paint in her spare time.
- to put on or use facial cosmetics.
- paint the town red, [Informal.]to celebrate boisterously, esp. by making a round of stops at bars and nightclubs. Also, paint the town.
Colorscol•or (kul′ər),USA pronunciation n.
- the quality of an object or substance with respect to light reflected by the object, usually determined visually by measurement of hue, saturation, and brightness of the reflected light;
saturation or chroma;
- the natural appearance of the skin, esp. of the face;
complexion: She has a lovely color.
- a ruddy complexion: The wind and sun had given color to the sailor's face.
- a blush: His remarks brought the color to her face.
- vivid or distinctive quality, as of a literary work: Melville's description of a whaling voyage is full of color.
- details in description, customs, speech, habits, etc., of a place or period: The novel takes place in New Orleans and contains much local color.
- something that is used for coloring;
- background information, as anecdotes about players or competitors or analyses of plays, strategy, or performance, given by a sportscaster to heighten interest in a sportscast.
- any distinctive color or combination or pattern of colors, esp. of a badge, ribbon, uniform, or the like, worn or displayed as a symbol of or to identify allegiance to, membership in, or sponsorship by a school, group, or organization.
- nature, viewpoint, or attitude;
personality: His behavior in a crisis revealed his true colors.
- a flag, ensign, etc., particularly the national flag.
- [U.S. Navy.]the ceremony of hoisting the national flag at 8 a.m. and of lowering it at sunset.
- skin complexion of a particular people or race, esp. when other than white: a man of color.
- outward appearance or aspect;
guise or show: It was a lie, but it had the color of the truth.
- a pretext: She did it under the color of doing a good deed.
- [Painting.]the general use or effect of the pigments in a picture.
- [Chiefly Law.]an apparent or prima facie right or ground: to hold possession under color of title.
- See tone color.
- a trace or particle of valuable mineral, esp. gold, as shown by washing auriferous gravel.
- any of the labels red, green, or blue that designate the three states in which quarks are expected to exist, or any of the corresponding labels for antiquark states. Cf. quantum chromodynamics, quark model.
- the amount of ink used.
- a tincture other than a fur or metal, usually including gules, azure, vert, sable, and purpure.
- call to the colors, to summon for service in the armed forces: Thousands are being called to the colors.
- change color:
- to blush as from embarrassment.
- to turn pale, as from fear: When he saw the size of his opponent, he changed color.
- with flying colors. See flying colors.
- involving, utilizing, yielding, or possessing color: a color TV.
- to give or apply color to;
dye: She colored her hair dark red.
- to cause to appear different from the reality: In order to influence the jury, he colored his account of what had happened.
- to give a special character or distinguishing quality to: His personal feelings color his writing.
Also,[esp. Brit.,] colour. col′or•er, n.
- to take on or change color: The ocean colored at dawn.
- to flush* blush: He colored when confronted with the incriminating evidence.
Hello folks, this picture is about Favorite Paint Colors (lovely Decorator White Paint #2). This image is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this photo is 626 x 709. It's file size is only 50 KB. Wether You want to save This photo to Your computer, you have to Click here. You may also download more images by clicking the photo below or see more at here: Decorator White Paint.
The sack is really where you spend lots of your time and an essential part of your property. So it is crucial that you simply give it with flavor that is substantial. In addition it's also advisable to make sure that the furniture relative to the theme of one's space.
Should you look at furniture, it'd be considered a good idea to discover where you'll get good and cheap furniture that can fit your budget. If you should be searching for Favorite Paint Colors (lovely Decorator White Paint #2) furniture a excellent factor will be to find a web based retailer that carries it at a really affordable discount. Along with the finest element is before you create your choice, you may also compare the buying price of furniture.
It's also probable that better choices will be found by you online than in furniture merchants. Although buying your bedroom equipment take into account to check other essential things that accompany it including stuff like that , pillowcases and blankets out. These will also be generally for sale in the shop that is identical.